Click the Save Template button and now To The Break Of Dawn: Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - Superrappin'

Friday, April 16, 2010

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - Superrappin'

Quality real old school disco rap and my personal fave of all time by 'the five emcees [that] sound like one'. A friend of a friend had some relatives over in Detroit in the US and after a 4 week stay over there he brought back some tapes with him of a guy called 'The Wizard' on WJLB (I think) and one of them had this cut on it which was the first time I ever heard it. I couldn't find a copy for years so when the re-issue dropped it was 6 quid well spent. Just the two tracks, vocal and instrumental on this one and a couple of spelling mistakes thrown in to annoy certain folk. Enjoy (records)..

6 comments:

Haroon said...

My copy of this had a red label.

moyinka said...

that must have been an OG copy then. i don't mind re-issues personally. i would always go for the original if it was available for a decent price but i'm not one to spend lots on vinyl any more. when you say had does that mean you don't have it any more?

Haroon said...

Nope, I quit DJing in the late 90s and sold all my stuff. Luckily when I got back into it Serato was in full swing and DJs were selling all their wax, so I regained plenty and more.

Did not get this one back though, but I haven't been searching very hard either.

moyinka said...

i'm in the process of selling a lot of my records too. i quit deejaying around '93 but found it difficult to stop buying records. i've slowed down a bit now though, don't feel i need everything on wax. thank goodness for blogs eh..

Average said...

"The Wizard" is now more well known under his real name Jeff Mills!

DJ Kool JB said...

Sorry, the file you requested is not available.