Click the Save Template button and now To The Break Of Dawn: Roxanne Shante - Roxanne's Revenge

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Roxanne Shante - Roxanne's Revenge


Classic electro 6 business and the first time I ever heard Shante rock the mic. I got this and three other Shante 12"s from a record fair held at the Leadmill in Sheffield and all four cost me 12 quid and they were all sealed too, which was nice. This would have been around 1987 I think and I still have 'em all today. I was still breakin' in '84 and this tune and 'The Original Human Beatbox' by Dougy Fresh were the biggest tunes around, for us at least, at the time. Happy days..

4 comments:

defjamblaster said...

theres 2 different versions of this 12". one was with shante rapping over the utfo instrumental, and the other made made a little later where marley marl used a drum beat.

moyinka said...

I have heard about this version but unfortunately have never had the good fortune to hear it. maybe one day..

Anonymous said...

Great post but I think the Street Version isn't here. There is the Vocal and Vocal Instrumenl (there is a track labled as the street version but its the same as the vocal version, same goes for the two instrumental tracks) Just wanted to let you know. But a really good post and do love some Shante. Keep up the good stuff

Anonymous said...

I blog frequently and I really appreciate your content. Your posts has truly peaked my interest.
Here is some useful information too
DRU Fires
Gazco Gas Fire
Zehnder Designer Radiators
Reina Designer Radiators
Bosch Home Appliances
Franke Kitchen Sinks
Neff Kitchen Appliances
Aeon Designer Radiators
Bisque Designer Radiators
Manhattan Shower Enclosures
Blanco Kitchen Appliances
Matki Bathrooms
Royce Morgan Baths
HIB Quality Bathroom Products
Hudson Reed Bathrooms
Premier Baths
Vitra Baths
Phoenix Baths
RAK Ceramics
Hansgrohe Baths
Roca Baths
Gazco Studio 1
Gazco Studio 2
Gazco Studio 3