Click the Save Template button and now To The Break Of Dawn: Easy Mike - The State We're In / It's Too Political

Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Easy Mike - The State We're In / It's Too Political

There's some talk on discogs re this 12" about it being the first time the break from James Brown's  'funky drummer' was heard and I would certainly concur with that. The record itself for me is not that exciting but I have it only for the memory of hearing that break for the first time and being blown away. I don't think I really knew what it was after being bombarded for a couple of years with ball bustin' drum machine beats. I got in to breaks not long after this record and bought all the UBB LPs over time which I still have today. This is ok really. Reminds me of Mike Allen's radio show too, which is nice, God bless 'im.

No comments: