Click the Save Template button and now To The Break Of Dawn: Roxanne Shante - Bite This

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Roxanne Shante - Bite This


So, I'm back from my summer hols and ready for action, kind of. Here's a def slice of wax from '85 as requested in the c-box and it is Shante's best record I think. Marley Marl rocked the biggest beats around and that's exactly what I was looking for when I was a young 'un, still am now I guess. Do you remember when there was no regular hip hop played on the radio and you had to wait for the next Streetsounds release or maybe scrounge a tape off someone who was connected to someone else with a bit of cash who could afford US imports just to hear some new stuff? That was the only way you could get anything new and it was painful when you craved new music but it just wasn't quite reachable, especially when you had little or no money to hand. Then you heard a record like this and went wild? Yep, me too. '85 was a great year.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great rip!
Def for sure..

stonerphonic said...

I was there when "Rapper's Delight" dropped. I was there when "The Message" dropped. I was there when RUN-DMC (supported by UK DJ/MC Derek B) performed the 1st "official" Australian hip hop gig. Ever. But out of all my late 70's to mid-80's hip hop memories, the 1st time I ever heard Roxanne Shante, I totally lost my shit. I still have the tape I recorded of this jam off Brisbane radio station 4ZZZ. And to this very day I still can't find any female MC who threw down as hard as the Queen of Rox does. She's Shante and her rhymes are DEF!!!

moyinka said...

hear hear to both comments. I was there when 'the message' dropped too but it went completely over my head, no idea what it was all about. Thank God for Run DMC. R.I.P Derek B too.

Anonymous said...

I blog frequently and I really appreciate your content. Your posts has truly peaked my interest.
Here is some useful information too
DRU Fires
Gazco Gas Fire
Zehnder Designer Radiators
Reina Designer Radiators
Bosch Home Appliances
Franke Kitchen Sinks
Neff Kitchen Appliances
Aeon Designer Radiators
Bisque Designer Radiators
Manhattan Shower Enclosures
Blanco Kitchen Appliances
Matki Bathrooms
Royce Morgan Baths
HIB Quality Bathroom Products
Hudson Reed Bathrooms
Premier Baths
Vitra Baths
Phoenix Baths
RAK Ceramics
Hansgrohe Baths
Roca Baths
Gazco Studio 1
Gazco Studio 2
Gazco Studio 3