Click the Save Template button and now To The Break Of Dawn: Roxanne Shante - Roxanne's Revenge

Thursday, April 05, 2018

Roxanne Shante - Roxanne's Revenge

I watched that Netflix drama about Shante's early life, rise to ghetto stardom, etc and I thought it was ok but I wouldn't watch it again, kinda like an early evening drama that might appeal to soap opera fans maybe but I remembered I had a copy of this which is supposedly the version recorded in Marley Marl's bedroom as depicted in the movie. UTFO or their record company complained due to copyright infringement so they re-recorded it as the version we all remember that was on Streetsounds Electro 6 (what a record that is!). This here was recorded directly from Mr Magic's radio show and is certainly not a home recording as you can hear Mr Magic start to speak on the fade out at the end. Not the best version but worth having if you can pick up a cheap copy and also if you're a fan of here early stuff and that I am.




No comments: